Last week I had the pleasure of interviewing Bill Lapp, VP of Sales Engineering & Enablement at GoodData. He shared his insights on sales engineering, best habits of top sales reps, using data to improve sales, and more. Watch the whole interview here (32 min) or skip right to a particular question (listed on this page below the video).
- What should startups that are growing their sales organization know about Sales Engineering (and what is sales engineering)?
- What is a sales engineer vs. an ordinary salesperson?
- What is the role of sales tools in a successful sales organization, and which tools do you use at GoodData?
- How is big data affecting sales organizations today?
- Aside from revenue targets, what metrics should sales leaders pay attention to?
- What should we know about the GoodData platform?
- What differentiates a good sales learning experience from a bad one?
- What are the best practices, habits, etc. of top sales reps?
- What are the major differences between selling for a large corporation and selling for a startup?